We're always happy to answer any question you have about our services,
Please call our team on 0800 222 222 if you can't find an answer here or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I do if I have a valid card but hospital says my data cannot be found on the electronic system?
- The hospital needs to update their RX system to synchronize any new information on your enrollment.
- Report immediately to NMI on 0800 222 222.
- Do not leave the hospital premises until the issue is resolved
Will I be disqualified for not declaring a known pre-existing condition?
- You will not be disqualified however NMI will not bear the cost/expenses arising from the treatment of that undeclared pre-existing medical condition.
How do I access service with the NMI card?
- Each member is required to visit any NMI accredited service providers [hospital, clinic, pharmacy]
- The plan you choose, determines the hospital you can access.
- You show your card to the health attendant and get the needed care required.
If I visit the clinic and get all the medical assistance I need, how would I know what the clinic sends to NMI as my bill?
- After you have received the medical care, you will receive an SMS notification with the total cost of medical services you received.
- You can also check your medical history from the Nationwide RX application download from Google playstore or contact 0800 222 222 for more details on the app.
Can I visit a clinic or hospital that is not part of the NMI list of clinics and hospitals?
- No, except in emergency situations or when the required care is not available within the network of NMI accredited service providers.
- You are required to seek for pre-authorization from NMI before accessing care at any unaccredited care provider.
What happens to me during an emergency?
- Emergency is an unexpectedly injury to or illness of a Beneficiary, which requires immediate medical intervention to preserve life.
- You are required to pay if your NMI plan specific service provider isn’t available within the locality where the emergency occurred.
- Submit the receipt and request forms to your Company HR or contact Nationwide immediately.
What happens if I do not get all the drugs prescribed at the hospital or one pharmacy?
- The pharmacist will cross out the drugs supplied on the prescription form
- Run photocopy of the original prescription
- You will be given a copy of the prescription form which would enable you take the remaining drugs on the prescription.
- In case you are given a photocopied prescription, ensure that it is endorsed by the Pharmacist/pharmacy attendant.
What happens when I exceed my benefit limit?
- This rarely happens but your medical cover ends immediately.
- NMI notifies member(s) who exceed 70% of their utilization.
- Members are encouraged to restrict medical expenses wherever possible to reasonable limits, so as to accumulate enough reserves for emergencies or sudden life threatening medical conditions.
Can I change my benefit package after enrollment?
- Yes, moving from one plan to another is allowed .However upgrade can only be done within the first quarter [3 months] of the policy period /benefit year
- Upgrades are subject to conditions [contact your Relationship Manager for further details]
Can another person use my card to access healthcare?
- The card covers only the person insured [the person whose details are on the membership card]. Health insurance benefits are not transferrable.