- For corporate enrollment, your company /HR will select an insurance package for you as offered by NMI.
- Families and individuals can choose any of our health plans [refer to NMI health plans and benefits menu.
- Your HR office would inform NMI and retrieve all membership card(s) from employee and dependent(s).
Each eligible member is issued with a NMI card with a unique membership number.
The card bears the insurer’s name, picture, date of birth, policy expiration, membership number and name of employer if it’s a corporate enrollment.
- NMI defines pre-existing condition as any medical condition for which medical advice, diagnosis, care or treatment was recommended or received, for at least in the last twenty-four (24) months prior to the date on which application for Cover was made.
- The hospital needs to update their RX system to synchronize any new information on your enrollment.
- Report immediately to NMI on 0800 222 222.
- Do not leave the hospital premises until the issue is resolved
- You will not be disqualified however NMI will not bear the cost/expenses arising from the treatment of that undeclared pre-existing medical condition.
- Each member is required to visit any NMI accredited service providers [hospital, clinic, pharmacy]
- The plan you choose, determines the hospital you can access.
- You show your card to the health attendant and get the needed care required.
- After you have received the medical care, you will receive an SMS notification with the total cost of medical services you received.
- You can also check your medical history from the Nationwide RX application download from Google playstore or contact 0800 222 222 for more details on the app.
- No, except in emergency situations or when the required care is not available within the network of NMI accredited service providers.
- You are required to seek for pre-authorization from NMI before accessing care at any unaccredited care provider.
- Emergency is an unexpectedly injury to or illness of a Beneficiary, which requires immediate medical intervention to preserve life.
- You are required to pay if your NMI plan specific service provider isn’t available within the locality where the emergency occurred.
- Submit the receipt and request forms to your Company HR or contact Nationwide immediately.